CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First "Official" Day of School

Brenden started Kindergarten today. It was a melancholy day for me. I am excited for Brenden to learn and grow, sad that our life is now forever changed. Every other year the first day of school has been just another day for us. Today, was not just another day.

Brenden did awesome today. I think it was harder on Connor and I than Brenden. We got to the school and we took this picture:
which I might have to retake later because it looks blurry. Anyway, we got to the playground just as they were lining up to go into class. Brenden lined right up and didn't even look back to say bye. He was just excited to go start school at the "big school."
Here he is lined up with Sam.
When Brenden left and went into the school, Connor burst out crying. "Why can't I go with Brenden?" This happened last year when Brenden started Preschool. So as we walked to the car with Connor sobbing, my own eyes filled up with tears. Connor and I talked about how we were going to miss Brenden so much.
So what did we do to console ourselves? We went to the park. We had fun swinging, sliding, and chasing each other around on the grass. We felt much better. I'm just sad I only got a picture of Noah at the park. What was I thinking?
Brenden had a wonderful day. He told me all about what he did today, and how much he loved his teacher. That made me happy. I think it's going to be a good year. Change can be good, right?

2 comments:

Amy said...

That makes me want to cry. I can't believe he's old enough to be starting school! And it makes me realize that my boys will be there before I know it. :(
I'm glad you were able to play at the park - the park always makes us happy too!

Staci said...

welcome to the 'my kids are old enough for school' mom's club. we have all been there. i cry everytime a child goes into kindergarten. honestly, i cry every new school year. i love having my kids home but every new school year i am reminded that they are getting older and soon won't need me anymore. does the lord know how challenging it is to be a mom? as much as i love roller coasters...the emotional roller coaster of child rearing sucks!